In 7 easy steps, you’ll be ready to go before your kids can shout “Are you coming?”
If you’ve been rocking the lockdown look (hair in a bun and barely there make up), then good on you! You’re not alone. Chances are the mornings have been slower, you’ve not seen a sausage and you’re ok with that.
But as the world is opening up, the children are due to break up for summer and there are actual real life people who can see you…with their eyes…it might be time to freshen up and invest in a little post-lockdown pampering.
We’re not talking anything too energetic. Just a little something to show you’ve made an effort when you go for your socially distanced play date at the park – so you look effortlessly fresh and polished.
Follow my simple 7 steps to summer holiday splendour.
1. Stay safe! After cleansing, use a moisturiser with an SPF. It doesn’t matter if it’s hail in the morning and heatwave in the afternoon. You need to protect your skin whatever the weather. You’ll need at least SPF 30. We like Roc 5in1 Daily Moisturiser and REN Clean Screen.
2. Easy as a BB c. We love a good BB cream. It’s got it all – moisturising, mattifying, soothing, healing, coverage. Out total fave is La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur. It’s seriously smooth, natural looking and pores, what pores? When you’re in a rush, it’s the most important tool in your make up kit.
3. Bobby and Becca – your new besties. If didn’t get your 8 hours last night (or if you’re me…the last decade) then you might look a bit dark and puffy around the peepers. Invest in a corrector for an instant lift. Try Bobby Brown or Becca. Just pat it on gently with a finger and hey presto, you’re awake!
4. Don’t blush. Bronze, baby! Blusher is fab for a pop of colour in the winter to brighten up a dull and pale complexion. But summer is when bronzer should play a starring role in your make up routine. Sweep it over the areas where you’d naturally catch the sun for an all over glow and shimmer. Don’t forget your neck and décolletage. We love Chanel Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick.
5. Get lippy. Add some light and bright lip colours to your beauty stash this summer – pinks for fair skin, mauves for medium and corals and berry for darker skin. If lockdown has taken its toll and your pout needs a pamper, give your lips a quick exfoliation before applying your makeup, and avoid any matte lipstick.
6. Don’t blank the brows. I know time is tight but don’t forget your brows. They are everything. We’re not talking Insta-worthy, just tidy and defined. Give them a brush then treat them to a quick sweep of Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer or Charlotte Tilbury’s Brow Lift Pencil. A little tip, if you have time before bed, pop a small amount of castor oil over your lashes and brows – it promotes hair growth and within a few weeks you’ll see a noticeable difference.
7. And finally…before you brave the great outdoors – curl, brush, declump – then apply lashings and lashings of mascara. Don’t forget the backside of your lashes for extra thickness. And if you’ve got a minute to spare, grab a make up brush, dab it on your mascara wand and apply it to your lash line.
It shouldn’t take any longer than five minutes to complete these steps. So, grab a coffee, lock the bathroom door and start the day with a post-lockdown look you can be proud of.
We hope you’re starting to enjoy the new ‘normal’ and you make the most of every minute of the school holidays this year.
We’ll be back soon!
Love Natasha x